Online Course Guide
Getting startedWhen you enrol in a VirtualSpeech course, you’ll gain access to both our online portal and VR training. They work together to help you improve your skills in the following way:
- Online portal – you’ll learn with tutorial videos, role play exercises, case studies, reading material and other resources
- VR training – you’ll practice what you have learnt in immersive virtual reality environments
Online portalThe online portal houses all the learning material. At certain points throughout the online portal, you’ll be guided to practice what you have learnt in specifically designed VR training rooms. When you have signed up to a course and logged in, you’ll see a screen similar to below:
The VR training is specifically designed for each course to complement the online portal material. Each training scenario is designed to be around 10-15 minutes long and can be repeated as often as you like.
For some of the VR training environments, we created role play scenarios to give context to them.
The VR app setup, features, rooms and training scenarios are discussed in detail in our VR App Guide:
Download the CrisisVR app
In order to experience the VR training, you’ll need to download our VR app onto your mobile phone. You can download the VR app for Android (including Gear VR) and iPhone. Visit our product page to find relevant app store links.
VR access code
You’ll receive an access code within 8-12 hours of enrolling in the course. Read this section of the app guide to understand how to enter this code into the VirtualSpeech VR app.
VR Headset for the VR training
A VR headset is required for the VR elements of your e-learning course. If you do not already have a headset and you require some assistance with your choice, please take a look at our blog with lots of information on choices and compatibility. Alternatively contact us.
Useful VR app features
Here are some of the popular features within the VR app. These create an immersive learning experience where you can practice and improve various business or communication skills. Learn more about them in our VR App Guide.
- Presentation slides – personalise your experience by adding your own presentation
intothe virtual rooms.
- Voice and eye contact analysis – using speech-to-text and tracking technology, the VR app provides instant feedback on your speech.
- Realistic environments – develop your presentation skills with our realistic virtual environments and audiences.
- Record your speech – save your speech and listen to it later for analysis, better understand areas you need to work on.
- Audience distractions – learn how to deal with distractions such as talking, mobile phones ringing and stage lighting.
- Mobile ready – our iPhone and Android VR-apps work with the majority of modern phones.
Personalised feedback on speeches – upload your speech to us from within the VR app for detailed feedback.